The Lunenburg Queens Volunteer Partnership (LQVP) is a community-based initiative, shared and supported by volunteer organizations from across Lunenburg and Queens Counties. We work to help local volunteers and organizations find the resources they need in order to grow, improve, and sustain their valuable work in our communities.
What do we do in the community?
1. Support organizations and community groups. We offer training, resources, and one on one support to help you do what you do best.
2. Support individuals interested in volunteering. We can work with you to find the perfect volunteer opportunity. It can be as simple as suggesting a few organizations that may be of interest to you or we can even meet with you to learn more about your interests, make some suggestions and even go with you to the organizations the first time to see what it’s all about. We are a match making service for volunteers and organizations!
3. We promote volunteerism. We do this in a variety of ways – special projects like our Volunteering Together seniors videos, attending fairs and events, sharing interesting info on social media, recognizing volunteers & organizations in the community and so much more!
The LQVP’s mandate is to support volunteers and volunteer organizations in Lunenburg/Queens, and promote volunteerism as an indispensable part of sustainable community development. Through our projects and activities, we strive to:
- Help our local volunteer organizations become more effective
- Encourage more individuals to volunteer in their community
- Increase the public’s awareness of the value of volunteerism
- Improve access to resources that will support the development of organizations and individual volunteers